My husband and I are crazy over the Korean noodle bowls at our favorite restaurant. I created this recipe to enjoy the same flavors in a quick and easy meal. You can find rice noodles in the Asian section of the grocery store.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add rice noodles, pepper strips and water chestnuts; cook 30-35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. If desired, skim soup. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Pork & Rice Noodle Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p70
Reviews for Pork & Rice Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review