Pork & Potato Supper Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a 12-in. skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook pork 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in potatoes, 1-1/2 cups broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Stir in green onions. Return pork to pan and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 282 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.