Pork & Potato Supper Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook pork 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in potatoes, 1-1/2 cups broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Stir in green onions. Return pork to pan and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork & Potato Supper
Sort By :
"Great recipe! My family really enjoyed it. My 7 year old even commented how juicy the meat was! Will definitely make again!"
"Yum! Added Northwoods seasoning (Penzeys.com) when I was cooking the meat. Removed the mushrooms when they were done and added them back in with the meat at the end. Instead of thickening with flour, I just stirred in 4 oz. of cream cheese. (Most of the chicken stock had cooked into the potatoes, so it was very thick and I added a little extra stock with the cream cheese.) Very tasty dinner!"
"Wow! This went over well with my family. Husband even liked it. Very tasty. Great flavor!"
"Really good all-in-one skillet supper. Easy and filling, who could ask for more on a busy, cold winter night? In fact, I have to confess that my husband cooked most of the dish before I got home. He's a big hearty eater so we did get a laugh out the fact that I ate one portion and he at the rest when the recipe commented it feeds 4 people! We were both impressed with the recipe and will make it again."
"I enjoyed the gravy but my family decided this recipe was just "okay". It was fun to try but we'll opt for something different next time."