Pork & Mozzarella Crostini Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with remaining oil. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until toasted. Rub toast with garlic.
- 3. Combine the cream cheese, shallot, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne; spread over toast. Thinly slice the pork, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese; arrange on toast. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pork & Mozzarella Crostini
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.