- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Porcupine Meatballs
Sort By :
"My family likes these meatballs a lot. I serve them with more rice (which they think is funny, but hey, you gotta fill up those boys somehow) I put them in the oven for about 20 min. instead of browning them in a skillet, then continue as the recipe says."
"These are soooo yummy!"
"I have attempted porcupine meatballs before and they always fall apart and or the rice doesn't cook I used this recipe and it worked like a charm. I opted to bake the meatballs- followed recipe but instead of using a pot, placed in un greased baking dish and then covered in sauce. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes COVERED. Then uncovered and baked 35 more minutes. Flipped balls to other side and splashed some sauce on top after 15 minutes uncovered. Served with mashed potatoes and "butter peas". My one year old and husband loved this meal. Keeper!"
"Very good and so easy!!! Just like my mom used to make!!!"
"awesome been looking for this one"