Porcupine Meatballs for 2
This was a favorite with my four boys as they grew up. Now I have cut it down for just the two of us. The meatballs are tender, with a nice old-fashioned flavor.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Stir in the tomato
- sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 meatballs with 1/2 cup sauce equals 399 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,245 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.