This was a favorite with my four boys as they grew up. Now I have cut it down for just the two of us. The meatballs are tender, with a nice old-fashioned flavor.
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Porcupine Meatballs in Reminisce October/November 2009, p51
Reviews for Porcupine Meatballs for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review