Porcini Ham Risotto Recipe
- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 5 ounces fontinella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, soak mushrooms in boiling water for 5 minutes or until completely hydrated; drain. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and shallots in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in rice until completely coated with butter. Add wine; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until wine is absorbed. Add one can of broth; cook and stir until broth is absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, adding one can at a time. Stir in the ham, cheese, salt and pepper; cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 363 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1348mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Porcini Ham Risotto
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.