Porcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta Recipe
- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Process mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper. Press one side of each pork chop into mushroom mixture.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops, mushroom side down, in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes longer. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta. Stir in cheese and rosemary. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2/3 cup polenta equals 397 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 825 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.