- 1 package (1 ounce) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Process mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in salt and pepper. Press one side of each pork chop into mushroom mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chops, mushroom side down, in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn over; cook 2 minutes longer. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Prepare polenta according to package directions for soft polenta. Stir in cheese and rosemary. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Porcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Porcini-Crusted Pork with Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2016
"Not worth the cost of the mushrooms. Pretty boring."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2010
"This was a hit with my entire family. It was especially good with the polenta. We will for sure keep this on our list!"