Popular Potluck Casserole Recipe
Spice up suppertime with this hearty main dish shared by Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. With plenty of TexMex taste, this crowd-pleasing ground beef and pasta bake is sure to disappear in a hurry at potlucks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder until combined.
- 2. Drain the macaroni; stir into beef mixture. Add the corn and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 312 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Popular Potluck Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC