- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder until combined.
- Drain the macaroni; stir into beef mixture. Add the corn and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPopular Potluck Casserole
"I've made this before, and wrote "excellent" by it, and after fixing it again last night I'm rating it here. It's delicious....easy and not too time consuming to put together, and there's a good variety of vegetables in it. The one change I make is to use only one pound of ground beef....two is just too much in my opinion, and the cheese adds protein to it as well. I think it tastes even better the next day, if there are any leftovers."