Spice up suppertime with this hearty main dish shared by Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas. With plenty of TexMex taste, this crowd-pleasing ground beef and pasta bake is sure to disappear in a hurry at potlucks.
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the soup, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder until combined.
- Drain the macaroni; stir into beef mixture. Add the corn and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Popular Potluck Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p51
Reviews for Popular Potluck Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review