Poppy Seed Yogurt Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite foods, and these are so good! I enjoy making several varieties of muffins at one time to have on hand for breakfast or lunch.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, yogurt and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. Stir
- into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.