Muffins are one of my favorite foods, and these are so good! I enjoy making several varieties of muffins at one time to have on hand for breakfast or lunch.
Featured In: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p15
Reviews for Poppy Seed Yogurt Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review