"This light seeded loaf is our favorite for eating and giving as gifts," says Loretta Hill of Westminster, Maryland. "Everyone loves it as much as we do."
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Poppy Seed Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p33
Reviews for Poppy Seed Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2015
"This recipe makes a beautiful loaf of bread. It was soft and delicious as well."