- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Crush ramen noodles; discard seasoning packet. In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, lettuce, noodles, oranges and almonds; set aside.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve with salad. Yield: 26 servings (1-3/4 cups dressing).
Reviews for Poppy Seed Tossed Salad
"Oh my gosh, this salad is so good, plus it's easy to make. I've made it for 3 different occassions within the past 2 months and so many people have commented how good it was and asked for the recipe. It's definitely a keeper for life!"
"Large quantity so I made the full dressing and half salad."
"Easy to make and tastes wonderful. I used red onions so mine came out pink."