- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Crush ramen noodles; discard seasoning packet. In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, lettuce, noodles, oranges and almonds; set aside.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and mustard; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Serve with salad. Yield: 26 servings (1-3/4 cups dressing).
Reviews for Poppy Seed Tossed Salad
"Wonderful salad, but it's the DRESSING that makes it special. Everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. The best salad dressing I've ever had."
"Oh my gosh, this salad is so good, plus it's easy to make. I've made it for 3 different occassions within the past 2 months and so many people have commented how good it was and asked for the recipe. It's definitely a keeper for life!"
"Large quantity so I made the full dressing and half salad."
"Easy to make and tastes wonderful. I used red onions so mine came out pink."
"The first time I tried this salad was at church and asked for the recipe, and told me it was in taste of home website and founded it! It's really, really good! I'm not a big salad eater and this one it's my favorite. Thank you for a great recipe!"