Poppy Seed Thumbprints Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, oil, lemon peel and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, poppy seeds and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill with preserves.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Thumbprints(11)
Sort By :
MaryRose- If you bake a cookie 3 minutes longer than the recipe calls, of course they are going to come out hard. It has nothing to do with the amount of flour. Cookies always harden after baking, so if you take them out soft and doughy in the middle, they will be chewy when they are cool.
I have been making poppy seed cookies for
54 years, this recipe is so delicious and easy
to make. I didn't have canola oil so I used Mazola oil. I used my homemade pineapple-plum jam. I also used a small
icecream scoop and I was finished making
them in no time. I even filled 4 cookies with Nutella also very good. Had to hide
some for myself before the grandkids and
big kids got at them. This will be on my list
to make again.
LOVED this recipe! So easy to make...very tasty.
I didn't have raspberry jam...so used rhubarb/strawberry jam instead. I didn't have enough jam for one pan of cookies so substitued mini chocolate chips instead of the jam. Delicious. This recipe is a keeper!
I used all butter and homemade raspberry jam. They look lovely and taste great!
Delicious! I used homemade strawberry rhubarb jam mixed with a little of homemade plum jelly and added 1/8 tsp of almond extract in place of the lemon peel because I didn't have any. They turned out great and I believe my boyfriend will love them too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >