- sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the buttermilk, oil, salt,
- baking soda, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar; beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll
- each portion into a 15-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Beat in the brown sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and poppy seeds. Spread over rectangles. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 1-in. pieces. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over
- rolls. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.