Poppy Seed Snack Bread
A slice of Poppy Seed Snack Bread is a great between-meal snack, especially spread with jam or peanut butter, remarks Kathy Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. B ake: 35 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water, oil and
- extract; beat for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.