Poppy Seed Snack Bread Recipe
A slice of Poppy Seed Snack Bread is a great between-meal snack, especially spread with jam or peanut butter, remarks Kathy Scott of Hemingford, Nebraska.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water, oil and extract; beat for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Snack Bread in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p54
Reviews for Poppy Seed Snack Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >