Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
"This sweet simple dressing is especially good on a spinach or lettuce salad topped with fresh orange sections and sliced strawberries," reports Debbie Snyder from her home in Kalispell, Montana. "We also like it on a tossed vegetable salad."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients;
- shake until sugar is completely dissolved. Shake again before
- serving. Drizzle over tossed salad. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 238 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.