Poppy Seed Quick Bread Recipe
Preparation time's kept to a minimum for Rosemarie Survillo's seeded treat. "It's a bread that you can make a day ahead of time, and then warm in the microwave moments prior to serving for just-baked appeal," she hints from her home in Lake St. Louis, Missouri.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter flavor or McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, almond extract and butter flavoring. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p53
Reviews for Poppy Seed Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review