Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins
I found this recipe in a cookbook published in our area. It's so good that I haven't done a single thing to change the original instructions!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In small bowl, stir together flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking
- soda. In large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a
- time. Add yogurt and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour
- mixture until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into
- greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.