Poppy Seed Plum Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled fresh plums
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in plums. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 175 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Poppy Seed Plum Muffins
"Nice texture, but not sweet enough."