Bring the harvest-fresh taste of ripe plums to the breakfast table with these change-of-pace muffins. Carol Twardzik of Spy Hill, Saskatchewan tops them with fruit jam. "I don't mind making an extra batch because they freeze so well," she notes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled fresh plums
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in plums. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Plum Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p37
Reviews for Poppy Seed Plum Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2014
"Nice texture, but not sweet enough."