Poppy Seed Pecan Muffins Recipe
Whenever I can carve out even a little free time, I love to bake. And after almost endless experimenting, I have to say that these muffins are my all-around favorites. They’re easy to make, and the orange peel—a lovely addition to the raisins, nuts and poppy seeds—just says spring to me. —Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk and orange peel. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the pecans, raisins and poppy seeds.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 240 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC