Poppy Seed Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. Transfer to a large serving bowl; add the tomatoes, olives, broccoli, cauliflower and squash. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 576 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
"This is excellent. I substituted cucumber for the yellow summer squash. I made it with the chicken strips on the same page."
"This is the best and easiest summer salad ever. My sons request this for every get together we have. You can mix and match all the vegetables in the recipe and I also use cucumbers, in place of any vegetables not on hand and omit the olives. The sunflowers add a wonderful, crunchy nutty texture and taste."