Poppy Seed Pasta Salad Recipe
Broccoli, cauliflower and sunflower kernels give this colorful salad an enticing crunch. You can add almost any vegetable that suits your fancy to this surprising simple recipe.
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup julienned yellow summer squash
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) poppy seed salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. Transfer to a large serving bowl; add the tomatoes, olives, broccoli, cauliflower and squash. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 576 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC