Poppy Seed Orange Muffins Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Orange Muffins
"I liked the texture and taste. This is a very pleasant muffin."