Poppy Seed Orange Muffins Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the yogurt, orange juice concentrate, orange peel and extract. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 each: 224 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Poppy Seed Orange Muffins
"I liked the texture and taste. This is a very pleasant muffin."