Poppy Seed Onion Bread Recipe
Field editor Sue Ashford of Bristol, Tennessee uses her bread machine for this golden-crusted savory loaf.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice equals 104 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Onion Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC