Field editor Sue Ashford of Bristol, Tennessee uses her bread machine for this golden-crusted savory loaf.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Poppy Seed Onion Bread in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p49
Reviews for Poppy Seed Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"If you like onions you will love this bread. So good toasted with butter!! Can't wait to make this again."