Field editor Sue Ashford of Bristol, Tennessee uses her bread machine for this golden-crusted savory loaf.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Poppy Seed Onion Bread in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p49
Reviews for Poppy Seed Onion Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 26, 2012
"If you like onions you will love this bread. So good toasted with butter!! Can't wait to make this again."