Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: Because these muffins are a bit heavier than many of the snack type, they are perfect for when you wake up hungry. They're quick and easy, too. I adapted them from a poppy seed quick bread I was served once at a neighbor's. My husband and I are the parents of three sons - 16, 15, and 12. -Kathy Smith, Granger, Indiana
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 8 dozen mini-muffins or 24 standard-size muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 242 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC