Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
These moist muffins may be small, but they're always a big hit on a brunch buffet, as a quick snack or as part of a bread basket assortment. The combination of poppy seeds and a hint of lemon makes them irresistible.
Kathryn Anderson, Casper, Wyoming
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about
- 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium,