These moist muffins may be small, but they're always a big hit on a brunch buffet, as a quick snack or as part of a bread basket assortment. The combination of poppy seeds and a hint of lemon makes them irresistible. —Kathryn Anderson, Casper, Wyoming
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Mini Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p39
Reviews for Poppy Seed Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review