Poppy Seed Mini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Mini Muffins(3)
Sort By :
These were really yummy. I doubled the lemon extract, and it was still a bit mild to my taste so I will add more next time.
Very tasty, though I only get 2 dozen mini muffins or 9 regular muffins with this recipe.
I have made this recipe for years and years. It is sooo yummy. I sometimes substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream and it turns out just fine. I also like to add a little more lemon extract.