Poppy Seed Mandarin Salad Recipe
Dried cranberries add color and cashews bring fun crunch to this pretty salad. “It’s great for a covered-dish dinner, but can also be served at luncheons with the girls,” writes Darlene Hoffman of Augusta, Georgia. “I like to serve it with crusty rolls.”
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad mix, oranges, cashews, cheeses and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC