Poppy Seed Lemonade Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, milk, butter and egg until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and lemonade concentrate. Pierce muffin tops several items with a fork; drizzle with lemonade mixture. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 207 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Poppy Seed Lemonade Muffins
"Love these muffins, enjoyed by family and friends, always freeze some for later, if there are any left."
"These were ok but not our favorites. There was just something we didn't like about the consistency or the aftertaste or something that we just couldn't put our finger on ..."