It's hard to beat the delicious combination of flavors baked into these lemony muffins. The lightly glazed gems are so tasty that our family looks forward to them for dessert. —Karen Ann Bland, Victoria, Kansas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, milk, butter and egg until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and lemonade concentrate. Pierce muffin tops several items with a fork; drizzle with lemonade mixture. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Lemonade Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p54
Reviews for Poppy Seed Lemonade Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review