Poppy Seed Lemon Pie Recipe
Finish off a summer meal with the fresh-squeezed flavor of pretty Poppy Seed Lemon Pie from our Test Kitchen. Guests will love this tangy, light and refreshing finale to dinner…and never guess how simple it is to prepare. For added convenience, make it ahead of time and tuck in the fridge…then you can both chill out until serving!
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 10 to 12 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat milk and lemonade concentrate until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread half into the crust.
- Add poppy seeds and food coloring if desired to the remaining lemon mixture; stir until blended. Spoon over first layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Lemon Pie in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Lemon Pie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review