- baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with
- milk. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting
- onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer. Place rack on waxed paper.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; brush over
- warm cake. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cool completely before
- cutting. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 302 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now