- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the next seven ingredients
- and 2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour
- to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into walnut-size balls; roll each into a
- 2-1/2-in. circle. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; brush
- with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring poppy seeds and water to a boil; boil
- 1 minute or until thickened. Add milk and raisins; simmer for 10
- minutes. Add sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon; simmer for 5
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a depression, about 1-1/2 in. in diameter, in the center of each
- roll; fill with 2 teaspoons of filling. Bake at 400° for 7-10
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Drizzle with
- glaze if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 111 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.