Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
Almonds add a nice crunch to this pretty salad that's always a hit when I sere it. It's refreshing and goes with just about anything. The sweet-tart dressing can be used with any combination of fruits.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, limeade concentrate and poppy
- seeds. In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing;
- toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the almonds. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 111 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.