Poppy Seed French Bread
While you likely don't have time to make bread from scratch on hurried days, you can dress up fresh store-bought bread in a jiffy with a few simple ingredients.Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- Combine butter, Parmesan cheese, and poppy seeds; spread on both
- sides of each piece of bread. Place on baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 12-16 minutes, turning once. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.