- flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed
- mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in poppy seeds (batter
- will be thick).
- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake
- at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and
- fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in enough milk to achieve
- spreading consistency. Place 1 cup of frosting in a small bowl and
- tint pale green; set aside.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; frost top with
- white frosting. Repeat. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and
- sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert
- round tip No. 3. Fill bag with green frosting. Write "Happy Easter"
- on top of cake. With multi-opening or grass tip No. 233, pipe green
- frosting on top of cake to resemble a bird's nest. Pipe green
- frosting around top edge of cake. Place jelly beans in nest. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Editor's Note: A coupler and round tip No. 2 may be used in place of multi-opening tip No. 233.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 786 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 106 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.