Poppy Seed Dressing
All of my favorite salads are topped off with this homemade dressing. I use this sweet poppy seed concoction to drizzle over fruit salads with strawberries, grapes, oranges and bananas...or over spinach and toasted pecans.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Slowly whisk in
- oil. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 187 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.