Poppy Seed Doughnuts Recipe
This scrumptious doughnut recipe from our Test Kitchen provides a few extra servings but freezes well. Though you may find it difficult not to eat them all at once!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, peel and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Coat six 4-in. tube pans with cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
1 doughnut equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Doughnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC