- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, peel and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat six 4-in. tube pans with cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPoppy Seed Doughnuts
"These were pretty good for a lighter doughnut! I actually made the batter and then cooked it by the tablespoonful in my mini-donut maker (it makes batches of 7 at a time). It came out to 32 mini doughnuts at 35 calories each, and they were so cute! They cooked up in just a couple of minutes per batch, and it was super easy. I just sprinkled the powdered sugar on top as they came out. Delicious! Nice little warm breakfast treat. If you didn't care about the calories, or you wanted to make them more of a dessert, they'd be fabulous with a drizzle of lemon glaze on top. Very nice!"