- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, peel and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat six 4-in. tube pans with cooking spray and dust with 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar. Divide batter among pans.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Doughnuts in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p16
Reviews for Poppy Seed Doughnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review