Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken Recipe
A dear friend gave me this recipe. It's been such a hit with family that I'm happy to share it. A few years back, it won a blue ribbon in a chicken recipe contest.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 806 calories, 49 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 208 mg cholesterol, 1,701 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC