A dear friend gave me this recipe. It's been such a hit with family that I'm happy to share it. A few years back, it won a blue ribbon in a chicken recipe contest.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds. Pour mixture into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p172
Reviews for Poppy Seed Creamed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review