Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, butter, vanilla and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cooled loaf. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 239 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread
"I love this bread! I didn't have cranberries so I substituted blueberries and everyone I've made it for has enjoyed it. Very good!"
"This sounds good. I'll have to try it soon.Thank you for sharing.Sincerely,"